Herbal Facial Steam
The art of facial steaming has been used for centuries to cleanse and revitalize the skin. When adding nutrient-dense, soothing botanicals, the benefits are amplified.
- Encourages healthy skin by facilitating sub-surface cleansing and increasing the water capacity of protective cells.
- It enhances blood flow, oxygenation, and nutrient transport, aiding in maintaining pH and a stable barrier.
- Softens comedones to better release congestion, activates enzymatic catalysts for exfoliation, and supports the infusion of herbal compounds.
- Moreover, it promotes relaxation by raising serotonin levels.
Scent: Light & Herbaceous
Skin Types: Facial steam is best for those who do not have sensitive skin. For those with sensitive skin, use as part of a compress. See Ritual Section for details.
Additional Notes: Comes in a biodegradable paper bag, we recommend storing the herbs in a glass container & away from light.
Volume: 16 ounces, approx. weight 1.5 oz.
A special offering to share an abundance of many of the botanicals that are at the heart of Live Botanical creations. Most of the herbs were harvested in summer & fall of 2022.
Calendula is renowned for its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It can assist in calming irritated skin and blemished skin. This variety is a creamy pastel yellow vs the typical golden orange variety we use.
Blue Cornflower has natural astringent properties, making it effective in toning the skin. It is also known for reducing puffiness and promoting a refreshed complexion.
Rose is hydrating and helps maintain the skin's pH balance. We use 3 different rose varieties including one from our garden.
Tulsi is antibacterial and can help with acne-prone skin. It's also rich in antioxidants, promoting a healthy and clear complexion.
Lemon Balm has calming and soothing effects on the skin. It's beneficial for reducing redness and irritation.
Lavender is known for its calming aroma and can help in soothing irritated skin. It's also antibacterial and can assist in preventing breakouts. This includes 2 varieties, a softer purple and a bright purple.
Yarrow is a natural astringent, helping to tighten and tone the skin. It's also known for its potential in reducing inflammation.
Always perform steaming & compressing on cleansed skin. It is ok to have a little oil or light moisturizer on, just not anything too occlusive.
- In a heat same bowl, add 2 heaping tablespoons of herbs to 4 cups of simmering water (not boiling), then stir the herbs to help release the phytocompounds.
- Drape a towel over your head and enclose your face over the bowl, the temperature should feel warm, not hot.
- Take deep breaths and allow the steam to reach the skin. If possible, try to steam for about 5 minutes and no more than 8. If uncomfortable bending over for extended times, sit up as needed for a few seconds then re-enclose your face over the bowl.
Sensitive Skin Compress Ritual:
Though steaming can be beneficial for many skin types, it is not recommended for highly sensitive skin, like rosacea, eczema, or those prone to excessive redness. However, this Compress method can be used to get some of the benefits.
- Infuse the herbs to create a strong tea: 2 TBSP of herbs in 2 cups of boiling water for 7-14 minutes. A French press is great if you have one to strain the herbs, if not use any tea strainer of choice.
- Ensure the tea is warm but not hot. Place a washcloth in the tea and allow it to soak up the liquid, ring out enough to not drip.
- Loosely roll up the washcloth and lie down.
- Place the center of the cloth on the chin and wrap the ends upwards to create a hole when your note is.
- Gently press the cloth onto your skin and take a few moments to lie still, allowing the skin to take in the herbal compounds.
- Using the same process as above to make a strong tea: 4 TBSP (quarter cup) in 4 cups of water.
- Allow the herbs to steep for 7-14 minutes and strain.
- Pour the tea into your bath and enjoy.
100% regionally sourced
calendula*^, blue cornflower*^, rose*^, tulsi*^, lemon balm*^, lavender*^ & yarrow*^
*organic | ^regionally sourced
|To foster higher standards of stewardship among the land & people we practice bioregional sourcing. Most ingredients are grown throughout the Pacific West and including our own micro-garden in Oregon.|
Best used with 12 months of purchase. Refer to the best-by date on the packaging.
These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant or nursing consult your primary care physician before ingesting any herb.
INTENTION WITH EVERY STEP
At Live Botanical we are devoted to using the most vibrant, regionally grown and ethically sourced ingredients to encourage a deep connection to the natural world that can be felt with every use.
BIOREGIONAL ROOTED FORMULATIONS
Using plant-based skincare is a journey in building relationships and reconnecting with all things. It is about falling in love with how the plants, people and land are cared for each step of the way.
Herbal Facial Steam