Whipped Balancing Balm
We discontinued the whipped balancing balm. With the recent loss of a key ingredient and trying a new replacement ingredient, we found it didn’t quite align with the original intention.
Please see our newest offering that was created with the same goals in mind. It’s similar but different enough to be it’s own product rather than a minor formula adjustment.
A blend of protective antioxidant-rich oils and clearing botanicals. Formulated for those who need to balance dry or combination skin plus need extra support for breakouts. Makes a wonderful day moisturizer for most skin types. For very dry skin, use on top of your facial oils.
The scent is slightly sweet with herbal undertones with blue tansy, lavender, and juniper.
Blue Tansy is highly effective at controlling inflammation. Its antihistamine properties support skin that tends to be more reactive to external environmental factors.
Babassu is a rich oil that creates a protective barrier to maintain moisture, keeping your skin hydrated all day. It has a similar profile as coconut oil without the heaviness or reactive nature. It’s rated low on the comedogenic scale allowing your skin breath.
A blend of unrefined, cold-pressed oils that lean higher in linoleic acid to provide the overall lightness and enhance the protective and clearing properties.
- Regionally sourced Cranberry Seed Oil is a powerhouse in the antioxidant realm. One of the highest sources of vitamin E, an important skin vitamin to neutralize harmful and aging free radicals.
- Sunflower Seed Oil is a mild, all-purpose skin conditioner. A superior oil for locking in moisture while being suitable for blemished skin.
- High in linoleic acid, Grape Seed Oil adds lightness and helps improve the rate of absorption. Astringents and antioxidants help heal and prevent scarring.
- Passion Fruit Seed Oil is brightness in a bottle. The antioxidant profile is incredibly supportive of breakouts and UV damage including burns and sunspots.
The herbal infusions deliver effective botanical phytonutrients to clear the skin while enhancing the protective nature of the entire formula.
- Whole Lavender flowers are infused for their effective anti-inflammatory and cleansing compounds. The essential oil is also added to enhance the antibacterial properties.
- Lemon Balm boosts the antioxidant profile and creates more opportunities for healing protection against UV and environmental damage.
- Self-Heal or Heal-All is an herbal first aid favorite to regenerate the skin. Energetically it is cooling and makes a nice addition, pacifying skin ailments like sun damage.
- The essential oil of wild harvested Juniper Berry has shown great promise in the treatment of acne. It tends to be more gentle than other oils that perform similar actions.
After cleansing and hydrating your skin, apply a less than pea size amount of product. Press a thin layer onto the skin focusing on areas that need the most hydration. It should absorb quickly with an almost matte finish. A little goes a long way.
For dry skin, apply after your facial oil or moisturizer.
For oily skin, this works as a moisturizing night treatment a couple of times a week. If you’re wanting something for more active breakouts, the Skin Repair Balm may be a better option.
Notes: Keep away from heat and direct light. If the product liquifies, cool in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Once you take it out, it should remain intact but still very soft. Babassu is very reactive to heat.
The color varies from batch to batch, mainly dark green.
68% regionally sourced
orbignya oleifera (babassu) seed oil*#, vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil^, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*^, vitus vinifera (grape) seed oil*, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax*^, passiflora incarnata (passion fruit) seed oil*, lavandula spp. (lavender) extract*^, melissa officinalis (lemon balm) extract*^ and prunella vulgaris extract*^ and essential oils of tanacetum annuum (blue tansy)*, juniperus communis*^ and lavandula angustifolia (lavender)*^
*organic | ^regionally sourced | #fair-trade/co-op
|To foster higher standards of stewardship among the land & people we practice bioregional sourcing. Most ingredients are grown in Oregon, our own micro-garden, or within the west coast of the USA and SW Canada.|
6-month freshness guarantee, refer to best buy date on the packaging
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult with your doctor before using herbs. Always do a patch test on your skin before applying it to a large surface. For informational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
INTENTION WITH EVERY STEP
At Live Botanical we are devoted to using the most vibrant, regionally grown and ethically sourced ingredients to encourage a deep connection to the natural world that can be felt with every use.
BIOREGIONAL ROOTED FORMULATIONS
Using plant-based skincare is a journey in building relationships and reconnecting with all things. It is about falling in love with how the plants, people and land are cared for each step of the way.
Whipped Balancing Balm