Wooden Mask Bowl & Brush Set
Specially curated masking set to mix your Live Botanical masks effortlessly.
Please note this does not include the powder mask in the image. Included is:
1. A beautifully crafted wooden acacia bowl. Each one with a unique wooden pattern that enhances the natural aesthetic.
Bowl Care: All bowls are food safe and can be cleaned with gentle dish soap. They work best when dried quickly after being soaked in water. If you find you want to preserve them a bit longer, you can use a drop or two of food-grade mineral oil every 6 months to condition the wood.
2. A soft brush (vegan) with a lightweight wood handle. Tightly secured to ensure no loose bristles and optimal coverage of the mask mixture on the skin.
Brush Care: To clean, use a small amount of mild soap (or shampoo) and water to remove any remaining particles then rinse well.
To dry, either store bristle side up in a container/cup or lay flat on a towel. To store you can cover with the provided protective mesh.
3. An adorable acacia spoon, perfect for mixing powders and liquids. The smaller size allows versatility in measuring a tiny amount for a spot treatment to a full face application.
Spoon Care: To clean, use a small amount of mild soap and water to remove any remaining particles then rinse well. To dry, wipe with a dry cloth.
Temperature: When using water, mix in warm to hot water to help extract the plant compounds (like tea). Wait before it is tepid or cool before brushing on the skin.
Drying: It’s best not to let masks dry completely on the skin. Sometimes a short mask session is all that is needed. Though if you’re feeling you need more time there are 3 options to reduce the rate of drying for a longer mask duration:
- Mist the face with water or Elixir throughout.
- Alternatively use a silicon mask cover to prevent evaporation. You can search online “silicone mask cover”. They are generally under $5.00.
- Add a little honey or plain yogurt. If you’re vegan, vegetable glycerin works too. See mask ratios below for details.
Blending Ratios: These are general guidelines and not an exact science. Each mask is slightly different, always start with the powder then add one spoonful of liquid (water or Elixir) at a time and check the consistency before adding more liquid or a hydration boost of honey, yogurt, or glycerin.
1 rounded spoonful of powder and 2 spoonfuls of liquid (water or elixir).
2 rounded spoonfuls of powder and 3-4 spoonfuls of liquid (water or elixir). For a hydration boost add 1 rounded scoop of honey or yogurt with 1-2 scoops of water. For a nourishing boost, add a couple of drops of your favorite facial oil.
Full Face Treatment:
4 rounded spoonfuls of powder and 7-8 spoonfuls of liquid (water or elixirs). For a hydration boost add 2 rounded scoops of honey or yogurt with 3-4 scoops of water. For a nourishing boost, add a few drops of your favorite facial oil.
INTENTION WITH EVERY STEP
At Live Botanical we are devoted to using the most vibrant, regionally grown and ethically sourced ingredients to encourage a deep connection to the natural world that can be felt with every use.
BIOREGIONAL ROOTED FORMULATIONS
Using plant-based skincare is a journey in building relationships and reconnecting with all things. It is about falling in love with how the plants, people and land are cared for each step of the way.
Wooden Mask Bowl & Brush Set